Monday, October 29, 2007

I'm Tattooed


OK, everyone. Many of you have heard the news that I was getting a tattoo. For my birthday on Saturday, I finally took the plunge. After 41 years on the planet, I finally threw caution to the wind and got inked! Just couldn't put it off any longer. You can see the result in the photos on this entry.

To answer the questions of those friends who haven't gotten a tattoo:

Did it hurt? Not really. Like getting a sunburn smacked.

Why so big? Because I didn't know if I'd go through with another one beforehand, so I thought I'd make this one count. After the process I'm already thinking of where my next one will go and what it will be.

What is it? A Trinity symbol surrounded by a wreath of Scottish thistle. Trinity for Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Thistle to represent the Edmondson heritage.

Do you like it? No. I love it! I can't believe I've waited so long to get one.

Where did you get it? Mercy Seat Tattoo in Kansas City, MO. Chris Orr was my tattoo artist. He is awesome. If you live in the KC area and are looking for a great tattoo studio, go there. They are very professional, polite, and treat their customers with a great deal of respect.

For those friends of mine who have thought of getting a tattoo and have wondered whether or not they should, let me highly recommend it. It was truly a spiritual experience that I do not regret one bit. In the words of a young friend of mine, Jason Sivewright, "We have one life and one body to decorate as we choose. Why wouldn't we decorate it in full color?" I completely agree.

Now, on to bigger challenges!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 5:21 AM, Blogger Holli said...

Jeff, I'm not going to lie. It looks cool. But you should know...

I hate, HATE, guys with tatoo's.

:)

See you in St. Louis.

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Sandrine - The Great Adventurer said...

Dude! I SO LOVE it! Awesomeness! Welcome to the tattoo freak family!

 
At 11:50 PM, Anonymous Melanie said...

Hey Jeff,
Just posted a comment on the Gutsy Faith posterboard. I am at work here in Tifton in the middle of the night. Loved your book and am passing it along to friends. I got a tattoo, Yes me. Thought you would never do anything like that. Does family know? Mine is the cross of Jesus around my ankle with all of the kids names circling the cross connects all of them. Love the pic of the Edmondson sign and the trinity. Very Kool. Your a Kool Daddy I bet
Hope to see you and your family soon one day.
LOONEY TOONEY-- Meloony lol your cousin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home